Mar 7 | In line with the broader market, which rose 5%, IATA reports that airline shares gained 6% in February over January’s numbers. more >>
Paris Baguette, which boasts over 3200 stores in South Korea and 172 worldwide, has become the first Korean bakery brand to open an outlet at an international airport, with the company recently launching a shop in Terminal 2's Arrival Hall within Singapore's Changi Airport.
Singapore’s Changi Airport Terminal 1 is the site for the very first UNIQLO store in a departure transit lounge. This location has approximately 3,900 square feet of retail space and offers both men’s and women’s apparel.
Dhaka-based start-up US-Bangla Airlines has bought two Bombardier Q400 turboprop aircraft, which it will fly on domestic routes starting either next month or in April.
Air traffic growth in Malaysia is set to ease to between 9-10% this year as airlines slow the pace at which they add new aircraft to their fleets.
Mar 4 | Distell has recently announced the appointment of Luke Maga to role of Asia Pacific Duty Free General Manager in the latest of a series of appointments meant to strengthen that arm. more >>
Mar 4 | Europe’s largest cigarette maker British American Tobacco is planning to launch its second e-cigarette in 2015 after identifying that failing to progress in non-tobacco products was a main risk to its business. more >>
Mar 3 | Though a relative newcomer to the industry, Rituals Cosmetics, established in 2000, has become a competitive player in the lucrative travel retail market in just two short years. more >>
Feb 27 | Double-digit growth in passenger air travel between Singapore and China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia and Vietnam helped spur 6.3% growth for Changi Airport overall in January 2014 over January 2013. more >>
- Feb 26 NYX Cosmetics enters travel retail
- Feb 18 Tax Free World Association relocates headquarters
- Feb 18 Malindo ramps up route expansion
- Feb 18 Chennai airport privatization delayed further
- Feb 18 Love is in the air at Sydney Airport
- Feb 13 AS Lal, Alpha Kreol India Director, welcomes Indian government’s new visa rules
- Feb 5 AirAsia X's Thai carrier prepares to spread its wings
- Feb 5 Chinese shrug off post-downturn blues, official clampdown to plan more travel spending in 2014
- Feb 5 Navi Mumbai tendering process begins
Mar 7 | Davidoff recently announced that they will be selling three of its timeless classics under the banner: “great cigars don’t need to shout.” more >>
Mar 5 | Following the campaign’s launch in Australia in January, St Hugo has extended its “Mark the Milestones” campaign to Singapore’s Changi Airport, which will be followed by a launch at Hong Kong International Airport in March. more >>
Mar 5 | Japan Tobacco (JTI) recently launched Sheng Xiao, its first brand available exclusively in duty free shops, in key strategic international airports. more >>
Mar 4 | The 16th annual Habano Festival kicked off with an evening dedicated to Hoyo de Monterrey and Partagás cigars. The evening included a synchronized swimming show and a spectacular performance by Juan Formell, winner of two Latin Grammys in 1999 and 2013, and his legendary Cuban band Los Van-Van. more >>
Mar 4 | At the World Gin Awards, Bombay Sapphire Electro gift pack won its 25th design packaging award. It is believed to be the most awarded packaging in history across all categories. more >>
Mar 4 | Since Armand de Brignac first launched, it has shown itself as a company that does things a little differently, and its newest large-format rosé “Midas” bottle is a testament to this. more >>
- Mar 4 Bottega White Gold makes a prestigious gift
- Mar 4 Prizewinning Tito’s Handmade Vodka coming to New Zealand
- Mar 3 Toscow launches Prima Donna collection
- Mar 3 Swiss chocolatier Chocolat Frey introduces a tasty new treat
- Feb 28 Louis Royer receives three gold awards
- Feb 28 Amarula launches first new product in 25 years
- Feb 28 Diageo releases Brora 40-year-old whisky, its most expensive whisky ever released
- Feb 28 Heineken’s “The Odyssey” campaign proves every man is legendary
- Feb 27 The Botanist Islay Dry Gin launches its travel retail program with Dufry