Jul 22 | Singapore is well known for its street food, and now travelers no longer have to travel in search of it; they can get it right at the airport. This new food shopping area of hawker stalls is located in Changi Airport’s Terminal 3. more >>
DFS Group has picked up another international accolade with a high profile award from retail design publication VMSD magazine for its Autumn/Winter 2013 ‘Asia Unfolds’ campaign across the company’s T Galleria by DFS stores.
Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad (MAHB) has reported positive first half performance for 2014 of 41.3 million passengers across its network, representing an 11.8% growth over the same period in 2013.
Lotte Duty Free has opened an impressive portfolio of nine luxury boutiques at Guam International Airport, as part of its US$17million refurbishment program to transformbg the airport’s commercial facilities.
Malaysia’s DFZ Group, owner of the ZON Duty Free, has won two Perfumes and Cosmetics outlet locations in the newly launched klia2 terminal.
Jul 16 | Growth in inbound tourism from East Asia is leading Japan’s ambitious goal of reaching a target of 20 million visitors by 2020, when the country will host the Olympic Games. more >>
Jul 15 | Jet fuel prices rose 4% in June because of concerns about the conflict in Iraq, and this caused a worldwide 2% drop in airline shares though the FTSE Global All Cap saw an increase of 3% in the same time period. more >>
Jul 9 | Dufry Group plans to issue EUR 500 million denominated senior notes in order to help the company fund its purchase of The Nuance Group. more >>
Jul 9 | Dufry has announced that it will issue and sell 5 million new shares. Rights have been exercised for 3,623,976 new shares to existing stockholders, while 1,376,024 shares not taken up by existing shareholders will be offered to investors in Switzerland and in private placements in certain jurisdictions outside Switzerland in compliance with securities laws. more >>
Jul 8 | The TFWA World Exhibition & Conference will mark its 30th edition this year in Cannes from October 26th to 31st. Special celebrations include a charity run and a birthday reception to be held on the terrace at the front of the Palais des Festivals et Des Congrès, the event’s home since 1986. more >>
- Jun 25 Heinemann allows shopping anytime, anywhere, with mobile home delivery service
- Jun 25 Retailers losing sight of eyewear opportunities say Asian travelers
- Jun 25 Furla grows Aspac presence
- Jun 25 Securing Gen Y spend
- Jun 25 Aviation sector expanding into new areas of opportunity
- Jun 25 Global Strategist Underscores Asean Role
- Jun 25 China’s growing middle class key to future growth
- Jun 25 Duty Free Philippines steps up care efforts
- Jun 24 Fossil first for Changi
Jul 24 | Over a three-month period, 42 Below, Bacardi’s premium vodka brand, has been the focus of a high-profile promotion at Auckland Airport. Just finishing at the end of July, the promotion has engaged thousands of customers. more >>
Jul 24 | In an exciting dead heat between three countries, the top 15 Sling Stars in the 2014 Peter F. Heering Sling Award has become the top 17. This exciting international contest has grown to 44 participating countries this year, lifting its talented mixologists to global bar stars. more >>
Jul 24 | The first batch of travel retail exclusive 17-year-old Kininvie has been released at Taipei Taoyuan Airport in partnership with Ever Rich. more >>
Jul 22 | Mars International Travel Retail (MITR) is following a very successful year of airport activations in 2013 with a fun promotion for 2014. A limited-edition M&Ms watch is being offered as a gift with purchase with every three Maxi M&Ms pouches purchased. more >>
Jul 22 | In the past six months, Giorgio Armani Beauty has opened six new counters in European, Middle Eastern and African travel retail. more >>
- Jul 21 Unilever targets men with expanded collection
- Jul 16 Glenfiddich drinkers are led on a journey of evolution in Taoyuan International Airport
- Jul 15 Diageo’s super-premium Smirnoff White debuts at Heinemann
- Jul 15 Godiva names new CEO
- Jul 9 Bacardi releases Grey Goose VX to travel retail
- Jul 9 Russian Standard features strongly on Drinks International rating
- Jul 9 William Grant announces new GTR appointment
- Jul 9 Mouton Cadet releases its Ryder Cup Selection at Harrods
- Jul 9 Davidoff Magnum Elite 1926 offered in select airports